Popular Posts

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Making a Wreath: The Death of a Dictionary

Pinterest has changed my life for the craftier. Look, LOOK what I made! Yeah, I saw it on Pinterest, you know it!

Pinterest inspired Dictionary Wreath



I've been so busy with college...my love of making has withered. Cue not so optional art class! Suddenly I'm running around with a paintbrush and pencils and cutting things up and learning about "value" and "space" 

Mix that with students and friends who were all "how on EARTH have you not heard of Pinterest???!!??" and wham bam I'm trying to rip apart an old dictionary (which nearly gave me anxious fits...book ripping was fodder for bum whacking when I was a kid). Turns out dictionary pages are really fun to Mod Podge all over the place. It's all I can do to NOT Mod Podge them to the dining room walls. 

If you want to learn how to make the cool "page rosettes" Check out this Vid Rosette How-To

It has been a long hard year. I lost a dear dear friend. I made a few new ones. I swam in the ocean and went white water rafting, and saw a bald eagle on my way to sell jewelry my friend makes for Blossoms Bejeweled at the Clearwater Festival on the Hudson River in NY. I fostered orphaned kittens, I met Michael Franti who is amazing, and Nic Cowen whose song "Hardheaded" is now my husband's theme song. 

In this year I've become a possibilitarian instead of a waitandseer!

And so I say to you all.....

Best wishes,
Rebeccaflys

2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you and that you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO VERY behind on my blog-hopping! I love this wreath! I made book page ornaments this year--ripped up a book and mod-podged the pages all over glass balls. Everyone I handed them out to loved them. The things you can learn from Pinterest!
    Hope school, family, life etc is treating you well!

    ReplyDelete