Popular Posts

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Really? Really!!! For REALSIES?

I happened to mention the ages of my kids in a class today and a 20ish looking guy student (who I opened the door for after class, because he was on crutches, so don't be thinking the Flys is into any hanky panky) asked "Can I ask how old you are?"

What the hell, I thought. And I told him the truth. "Almost 35."

"WOW" he says, and I almost kick his crutches out from under him before he limps another step and finishes...."I thought you were like, 25 tops."

"My God," I said, "thank you."


Please notice how McDonalds has improved upon minty green St. Patty's Day perfection by adding whipped cream, AND a cherry to their phenom seasonal concoction, the Shamrock Shake.  I'm def picking up one of these babies on the way home to celebrate my youthful appearance. 

When I get home I'm going to go online, and surf around for places to spout my positive opinion of L'Oreal Revitalift. Yeah, TY L'Oreal, I'm your bitch for life. FOR LIFE.



2 comments:

  1. I used to work at McD's in college. We used to mix half shamrock with half chocolate--and you can ask them to do that for you if you're so inclined. I highly recommend it!
    Congrats on looking like a hot young co-ed! I knew you you'd fit in just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @knitwit - Half Chocolate/Half Shamrock you say? And there's my lunch for today.

    Back to the topic at hand, I had the very opposite of that happen to me a few weeks ago. We have a new round of interns here at work. One of them aged me to 40 (10 years). I wanted to bitch-slap her, but I'm a gentleman...

    ...I mentally bitch-slapped her...

    ...and rigged her office space to rain hole-punch-confetti on her...

    ...it's the simple pleasures in life that get you through the day, you know?

    ReplyDelete