Popular Posts

Monday, February 21, 2011

So, the dark pit is pulling me in a bit, and I'm struggling to "celebrate the small stuff" even though great small stuff is going on all around me.  I know it's there, happening, behind the pile of dirty laundry, past the greasy pans I used to make a shepherd's pie at 6am, and through the frozen windshield that will take an hour to thaw and scrape this morning...

My friends, let's share our bliss, just as we share our challenges... What kindnesses, amazing moments, or happy things are happening around you?  Let's notice them and share.  I feel like I need all the positive I can procure on this frozen NY Monday. How about you?

Two Little Things for Today....

~~I'm grateful for this song that I play on my MP3 every morning on my way to school...



~~I'm emboldened by the little birds, who somehow survive out there in the frozen tundra of my yard, and certainly appreciate the seed I put out for them! The thingee full of snow on the right is where I put stale bread for them...



Here's to hoping I can behave with grace this week...and not throw people's dirty laundry out in the lawn! Again!

2 comments:

  1. I just had to catch up on your last two posts. My life/house/family is out of control too--and I don't even work or go to school!
    So let's see, what positive things can I share? Today is the first day in ten days, between my one kid going to school and the other having daily in-home autism therapy, that I was able to sleep in a little. I say a little because if I'd been able to wake up on my own (and not by a naked 5 year-old jumping on me), I'd have slept another hour. But beggars can't be choosers, and there's a little splash of booze in my coffee. It's a small thing, but I'm grateful for it nonetheless. And this week is a 4-day week--gotta love that!!
    Hang in there. It's almost spring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I am thankful that I got through all my homework for the past 2 weeks one handed. I didnt think that having my right hand out of commition would be so hard. I also looked at the school calander and noticed that I only have 2 more weeks of this quarter! Happy Time!!! And last but not least I am thankful for my best friend in the whole world!!! I have not been able to get her on the phone for about a week and for some reason she is no longer on facebook. Keep chuggen' along "it can't rain all the time" or "the sun will come out tomorrow" or "it's always darkest before the dawn" what ever little uplifting saying helps you the most... I like "1-Tequila, 2-Tequila,3-Tequila, Floor" best. Have a drink on me ;-)

    ReplyDelete